[ale] good website for novice learning Java ?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Oct 12 13:49:42 EDT 2006

> supposed to be pure OOP where python is not.

I've only written and worked with a little Python,
and what made it workable for me was that it was
NOT "pure OOP". It allowed a mostly procedural thinking
geek like me to quickly do what I needed to do.

What makes Perl, Python, PHP (and others) really useful is they
try NOT to force too much abstract architecture to everything.
It's about getting a job done, quickly, efficiently and as safely
as possible. PHP wins in my book just because of it's broad and deep
installed base, it's -everywhere-.