[ale] wireshark not auto-refresh as requested on CentOS 4.4

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 11:20:18 EDT 2006

On CentOS 4.4 with all latest patches, wireshark (aka, ethereal) refuses to
auto-refresh when packets comes in, even if the DISPLAY options is set to do
so.  All the packets would show at once when I stops capturing.
They (wireshark & ethereal) behave correctly on my XP laptop, when the same
DISPLAY options are set. I usually use tcpdump on Linux boxes, so I don't
know why it is so: a new bug, an old bug, or something peculiar is wrong
with my stock installation of CentOS 4.4?