[ale] Bellsouth again.

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Mon Oct 9 22:22:49 EDT 2006

I know that subject line qualifies as profanity for some here but I
have to ask again.  I need some one to stop me.

I am feeling the crush of communications on my budget.

Bellsouth has been cutting their prices and increasing there services
to the point that I feel like I can't ignore them any more.   I am
paying Speedfactory $60 for DSL and I LOVE there support.  They are
the best I have experienced or ever heard of and they get bonus
points for being located in Marietta.

Bell with give me the same (???!!!!) service for $38.  Bell also
claims I can get rid of my phone line and keep the DSL!  Naked DSL!
I asked the sales guy about 50 times and he said yes.  He said I
would get a static IP and I could cancel my phone line and transfer
my local number to a VOIP provider.  Was he lying just to get a yes
to the sale?

The total savings each month will be around $50 even after I get VOIP.

Is this too good to be true?

Mark