[ale] large file downloads & Comcast

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 7 00:48:51 EDT 2006

How resistant is cable lines to water invasion?  Lot's of hairspray, cleaning agents, chlorine bleach, and aerosolized particulates can damage an A/C evaporator coil thru dust and condensation tranfer then a chemical corrosion process.  This is a big quiet deal ongoing in the A/C industry right now about how to prevent this.  I don't know how many people on the list have had to replace an evaporator due to pin holes that developed causing leaks but I had to.  Was told that it would happen every 5 years or so.  Didn't believe it at first but found out that the new regs on not allowing leaks are causing many people to have to replace equipment that would have been overlooked previously.  Water invasion via condensation or just sitting in run off might adversely affect signals.  Damp areas with acidic or strongly basic dust floating around might cause corrosion on critical surfaces.  Just freethinking here for reasons equipment connections could deteriorate.  I know that after a heavy rain many people with have static and other problems with phone lines.
Dow