[ale] latest firefox tends to crash on CentOS 4.4 or is it the aged hardware is going?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 15:58:08 EDT 2006

guess I spoke too soon. firefox still crashes when it needs to load jvm to
run applet. either version of the plugin will do it.
I used this plugin before with older CentOS 4 and its firefox. Let me try
switching to Java 1.5 sdk then.

#java -version
java version "1.4.2_09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_09-b05)

# rpm -qi j2sdk
Name        : j2sdk                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.4.2_09                          Vendor: Sun Microsystems
Release     : fcs                           Build Date: Tue 26 Jul 2005
03:29:26 AM EDT
Install Date: Mon 22 May 2006 02:34:59 PM EDT      Build Host:
localhost.localdomain
Group       : Development/Tools             Source RPM:
j2sdk-1.4.2_09-fcs.src.rpm
Size        : 67661393                         License: 1994-2001 Sun
Microsystems, Inc.
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Java Software <j2se-comments at java.sun.com>
URL         : http://java.sun.com/linux
Summary     : Java(TM) 2 Software Development Kit, Standard Edition