[ale] System requirements for broadband?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 15:11:45 EDT 2006

They don't want to spend the resources to train their staff on how to
troubleshoot other OSes. Plus, their system requirements factor in
their bullshit software they want you to load; software that is
completely unnecessary. When I called Charter to inquire about their
internet service, the lady told me I would be charged a $9.99 fee for
some CD. I told her I didn't need it but she insisted I had to have
it. I said okay just to get her to shut up about it. I've been online
with Charter for a few weeks now and have never seen this magical CD.
Indeed, the cable guy asked me why he was there to hook up the
connection when he came out because I already had everything ready to
go. All I needed was the connection provisioned.

In short, ignore the system requirements. If  you run into someone who
wants to make sure you meet them just lie. It's easier than going
through the hassle of trying to convince the script monkey that you
know what you are doing.