[ale] New Mailing List ... the thread that wouldn't die

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 13:58:48 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 13:45 -0400, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> ... I don't have time to fight a bunch of folks who aren't interested
> in trying to make the list even *more* open and *more* welcoming to
> EVERYONE

:-) As I recall, opening the list up was not the direction this issue
was going.  In fact, the start of this mess was with implementing
moderation, segmenting the membership into multiple lists, and finding
ways to reprimand undesirable members.  Additionally the discussions of
doing all this originated amongst a few individuals in a mostly closed
and private setting.  How *open* and *welcoming* is that to *EVERYONE*?

-Jim P.