[ale] Apache/CGI

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Wed Nov 29 12:17:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, cfowler wrote:

> Would anyone on this list with a KVM over IP device raise their hands
> and tell me what port the applet contacts the device to communicate on?

Avocent stuff (which is what we use) varies depending on rev, but
generally uses several ports. Current stuff is a connect on https, then
java applets launch which use tcp 8192 and tcp 2068 for the web interface

And if you want to use their fat client software instead of the web
interface, it's more like 8 or 10 port ranges you'd have to open

later,
chris