[ale] preventing trojans/bots

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Nov 24 14:04:22 EST 2006

F-Prot will handle your requirements for AV issues. It is also VERY
affordable and efficient.

Spybot Search & Destroy has automatic stuff built in (under advanced
features) that can be used to automate things.

Next is a set of "Best Practices":

Any browser except IE.
Disable ActiveX in IE except for microsoft.com site.
Remove IE from the menu so it must be searched for to use.
Make the new browser use the IE "big blue E" icon.
Any mail client but Outlook Express.
Change the Defaults settings to not use IE and Outlook.
Change the defaults settings to not allow IE and outlook to be used.