[ale] Xubuntu automounter

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Nov 14 14:52:46 EST 2006

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 13:23, cfowler wrote:
| Acutally I figured this one out. ?I'm not sure I like the behavior
| though. ?It will show an icon on the desktop. ?When you click it then
| the mount will occur. ?I would prefer if the mount was automatic when
| media is inserted.

I am presuming that when you click on the icon, the device is
mounted and a "window" opens.  When you close the window is the
device automagically unmounted? Or is the device mounted when the
icon appears on the desktop?
My problem is with the unmount.  On my FC3 box udev will mount the
USB device but I have to use the command line to verify that it is
unmounted before unplugging.  Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Sean