[ale] Sun's Java GPL contribution

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 18:06:28 EST 2006

I haven't read the announcement, but other e-mails I've read said Sun
announced that they would do this in March.

March is a long way away and corporate decisions have a way of
changing over time, so I suggest we wait for the real thing before
getting too excited.

Greg

On 11/13/06, Dan Lambert <danlambert at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Did anyone else read about Sun's action today?
>
> It appears that they have contributed all of the Sun owned Java code to
> the GPL community.The only Java source code that isn't being contributed
> to the GPL is that which Sun doesn't own the rights to.
>
> I think that will be quite a boost to the GPL community, and will cause
> Java to rapidly become almost totally integrated into most Linux
> distributions.
>
> Dan

Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group