[ale] Asterisk Answer Delay

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 17:41:51 EST 2006

I believe this is what you want to do, Brian:

Open up the Trixbox web interface, go into System Administration -> FreePBX.

Click on setup, Extensions.

Create an extension (might as well go with SIP).  Make sure to create
it with VM enabled (near the bottom).  For insanity, give it an email
address and it can email that person each message.

Apply changes

Go to "Inbound Routes".  I'm assuming your X100P is set up as ZAP/g0,
so put g0 in "Zaptel Channel"

Near the bottom, you'll find "Set Destination".  Select the extension
you created before.  If you select the VM of that extention, it does
not play the name announcement, you decide what you want to do.    Hit
submit.

Call the associated phone line.  It should send you to VM since there
is no SIP phone registered.  Hit *, and then enter the password which
you set up during extension/vm creation.  From here, you can create
your name announcements and messages.

Enjoy.

bnm