[ale] OT: Electrician needed

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Tue Nov 7 16:06:31 EST 2006

Hi George,

Chris is right.  The wire and the breaker probably match.  That is,
your builder probably did not install more (heavier) wire than he
needed for the breaker he was planning to use.  If you have a 30 amp
breaker you probably have wire that is rated to carry 30 amps.  An
electrician will not install a bigger breaker without putting in
bigger wire (if the existing wire is insufficient).  You should not
either.

I would call an electrician for an opinion.  Sorry I have no opinion
about electricians.

disclaimer, I am not an electrician but I do play one on weekends.

Mark