[ale] IBM ServeRAID Event Log

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Nov 1 11:17:48 EST 2006

Anyone using the IBM ServeRAID-4M Controller?  If so do you have
definition for the codes seen in the event logs viewed by the ipssend
utility?

I've been searching for this.  So far I've found multiple references to
POST codes but none to those shown with "ipssend getevent 1 soft".
I've found documentation for the IBM Netfinity 7600 this is in as well
as documentation for RAID on the CD for the card but none of it gives
this information.

Basically had an issue where the controller failed and we were able to
replace it with one from a retired system.  We then found one of the
drives was bad as well and replaced that.  It started the rebuild
yesterday and completed logical drive (LUN) 1 then started on LUN 2.
The next time I looked it was back on 1 again.   By afternoon it was on
2 again so I left it running.   This morning it is on LUN 3 (the final
LUN) but appears to be hung at 46.09% complete and has been for at least
3 hours (probably longer since I'm assuming it got here before I first
looked at it this morning).   I'm trying to figure out why it restarted
in the first place and why it is hanging now.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Unix Systems Administrator
DS Waters of America, LP
678-486-3516