[ale] SOAP::Lite in Perl

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed May 31 10:26:45 EDT 2006

Anyone have any experience with SOAP::Lite in Perl?  We had attempted to
implement Axis2 under tomcat and it has proved to be a real PITA.  My
tech is telling me that the documentation is basically "wrong".  We've
spent some weeks on getting some simple SOAP interfaces up and today I
read the Ruby article in LJ and saw a simple server that got the gears
ticking in my mind.  I then found this URL:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/01/soap.html#objects%20access

And have got a small test going.  I'm very pleased at how fast I was
able to create this in Perl, 10 minutes.  We've got Perl running on our
server for a web based configuration interface and the application is
written in J2EE.  Both have access to all data.  My thought was to screw
implementing anything in Axis2 or XFire and go with PERL + SOAP.

Anyone here have any suggestions before I waste a week coding?

Thanks,
chris