[ale] Printing to non-standard papersizes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 30 09:31:13 EDT 2006

James P. Kinney III wrote:
>>> trick here?
>>>
>>> I hate to say it, but that kind of statement is close enough to a
>>> troll
>>> to not get you any help.  It's of no use, other than to piss someone
>>> off.  Is there really any reason to throw it in?
>> I think his comment does have some merit.  I was trying to print #10
>> envelopes in OO too but gave up and installed MS Office 2003 _just_ to
>> print envelopes.
>

> FYI: OO can print #10 envelopes. It is found in an oddball place,
> insert->envelope. This will let you setup either static address fields
> of a mail merge, choose envelope size and orientation in the printer,
> and fine tune the alignment in the printing process.

I'm pretty sure that if your print driver doesn't support the envelope
directly, you'll have problems printing envelopes.  I know about the
options you've outlined, as I just used them to print 500+ envelopes
with addresses from a spreadsheet.  The key issue though is getting it
to format properly and to do this, you either need to have support from
the driver, or you have to set the page up manually which is a true hassle.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin