[ale] OT: Comcast'ers

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Sat May 27 10:21:02 EDT 2006

I live in Marietta, and I've been a Comcast HSI subscriber (6m) since
November.  I have only experienced one total outage (due to vandals
breaking in and ripping out the equipment at the head-end), and no serious
slow-downs.  (I've had a few minor DNS issues, but solved that by
switching to BIND)  I experience a few slow-downs (<8), but those were all
less than 2 mins in duration, and I consider that an acceptable SLA for
residential service.

Personally I prefer it to the Bellsouth DSL I previously used.  (I looked
at all my alternatives when I moved into my new home, but the price was
prohibitive compared to the speed offered.)

So I guess I'm #2.... :)

Cheers!
Jay