[ale] 10M service

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:54:29 EDT 2006

BellSouth does offer 6M in some places, and it has plans to increase that.
The 6M service is available where fiber exists at the curb in front of the
house or in places where BLS has a cabinet very close (less than 5000 feet,
I believe) to the home.  I've not heard of problems with the 6M service when
BLS is able to provide it, but I know of many cases where someone ordered
DSL only to find out that they were too far away from an office or cabinet
to get the service they wanted or any service at all.

The best speed I would be able to actually get from BLS would be 2M, so it
would be pointless for me to order anything other than the 1.5M service from
them.  I've decided to go with Comcast, but it's pretty craptastic.  Our
entire neighborhood has had problems with our service; I measured my upload
speed two days ago at 4kbps!