[ale] Converting 600 old laptops into K12LTSP thin clients for 1:1 ratio at a middle school

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun May 21 10:07:28 EDT 2006

The only gotcha with old laptops is that many of their batteries will
likely have gone bad and are very expensive (think >$100) to replace.
So, having them run untethered may be a nonstarter.  Perhaps if you got
1/5 of them set up as running LTSP nodes with good batteries, the rest
could be made into a MOSIX cluster to use as the LTSP app server.

Us Gentoo types salivate at the distcc potential...

- Jeff