[ale] First post

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue May 16 19:12:53 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 18:36, James Sumners wrote:
| If you don't care about the data on the hard drive, I recommend
| letting the Xandros installer suggest a partition scheme. It will
| either recommend a single swap partition and an all encompassing
| partition or a swap partition, a root partition, and a home directory
| partition. The second option is nice if you intend to move on to
| another distribution some day and don't want to have to move all of
| your personal files around.

On my FC installs I have made the mistake of creating at install time
a /swap partition that is 512 mgb.  That is not big enough!  Apparently
Mozilla downloads anything and everything first to the /swap partition
and _then_ moves it to where-ever you thought the file was being stored.
So downloads of CD images fail.  Took me the longest time to figure out
what was going on. I would suggest making the /swap partition large
enough to handle any file that would fill up a DVD.

Sean