[ale] Best MTA?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 22:43:47 EDT 2006

Thomas Stromberg wrote:
> On 15 maj 2006, at 21.19, Philip Polstra wrote:
>>
>> My vote would be for Postfix.  That is what I use for my private
>> domain.
>
> I second the vote for Postfix being the easiest to work with.

I have to "third" this.  I've been a very long time sendmail fan, and
still am for certain situations.  However, the ease with which postfix
works is just simply magical (at least with Debian).  I still use
sendmail for heavy volume outbound mail, but I am slowly converting
inbounds over to postfix.  Having said all of that.... I do like
sendmail's milter design, it still is superior to anything that I have
seen for postfix.

-Jim P.