[ale] Best MTA?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon May 15 22:09:04 EDT 2006

> Postfix, QMail, and Exim, as well as any others you can think of?  I was
> going to use a LAMP server but was told to keep my servers seperate.

I'm one of the few people who use Courier-MTA for everything
and like it. It's a pretty impressive package, a pain to configure
unless you actually read and follow the documentation.
http://www.courier-mta.org

And many MANY other systems/config use Maildrop and other pieces
of Courier...

But if you are a newbie, I suggest you learn and use whatever is installed
by default in your distro-of-choice, it'll probably work the easiest,
and you'll learn enough quickly to know more what you want and why.
You may even find the one in the distro-of-choice is what you wanted
anyway.