[ale] Network issue that makes absolutely NO sense

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 23:35:29 EDT 2006

wonder what version of fimware you have on that switch.  One of the
bug fixed in a newer firmware indicates the the switch itself can't
handle well if the speed varies on different ports of the switch, with
the initial version 4.0.3.7.

Info can be found at http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/GSM7248.asp

Firmware Version 4.0.3.15       Published Feb. 10, 2006
Fixes
1. Fixed: Switch may crash and reboot if packets are forwarded from
lower 24 ports (1 to 24) to higher 24 ports (25-48) where the port
speeds are different, e.g., if one port is using 10M half duplex, and
the other is using 1000M bps full duplex.