[ale] md0 tasks taking 60-80% of CPU

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:25:06 EDT 2006

You're setting there looks good. I would start to suspect your ide
channel now.  A resync should not occur at every boot unless something
is messed up with your config (like mounting hda1 outside of its raid
set).

On 5/11/06, JK <jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:
> JK wrote:
>
> >Michael Still wrote:
> >

> >>can you cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max ?
> >>

> >It's 200000 (200K). Is that low?
> >

> I echoed 2000000 (2M) in there, but nothing seems to have
> changed. /proc/mdstat claims that it will be done some time
> in the next 6 hours.  It is making progress, though -- it's
> now saying "69.2% complete" vs around 65% last time
> I checked.
>
> Does it have to do this resync thing every time the machine
> boots? That would be a really serious drag, and if that's
> the case, I'll probably keep the two drives separate and
> manually rsync critical stuff between them, instead of
> using SW RAID.
>
> Thanks for all the help so far, guys.
>
> -- JK

[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$