[ale] online banking

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 9 16:30:02 EDT 2006

Scott Castaline wrote:
> Sun Trust Bank, in order to use their on line bill pay requires either
> NetScape 7.x or (please forgive me for I'm about to sin ;=)) IE.

I hope they are better then they once were.  When I was with Suntrust,
their instructions stated they required 128 bit ssl.  Well, I turned off
128 in my browser and all worked fine.  The one thing worse then people
not properly securing there system is people who think their system is
secure when it's not.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin