[ale] Zimbra

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 11:23:58 EDT 2006

On 6/29/06, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just came across the Exchange Server replacement Zimbra.
>
> http://www.zimbra.com/products/product_editions.html
>
> Looks pretty cool from the claimed feature set.  Unfortunately the
> Outlook compatibility/integration  is only in the commercial product.
>
> Curious if anyone has tried it?
>
> "$1450 per year for up to 50 users" is not a bad price for something
> like this if you need the Outlook feature.  Free for the OSS version
> is even better, but some of my users love Outlook.

Hunh, it's gone up a $1/user since last I checked.  We were looking at
this extensively to be out web client (instead of OWA) for our
students (Georgia Gwinnett College), and potentially our staff as
well.  We didn't go with it because we simply don't have the technical
support resources (financials were actually okay here)  to get it up
and going.  We'd love to, and may in the future, since it can also be
an avenue to slowly replace the Exchange environment backend.

bnm