[ale] Traceroute and Google Maps

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 01:53:30 EDT 2006

Andrew Swerlick wrote:
> Does www.gmap-pedometer.com do what you want?
>
> ~Andrew S.
>
> P.S. Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi everyone

Hi Andrew,

Welcome!  (i'm a long time poster and an occasional lurker). ;-)

That site is pretty neat, but it doesn't quite do what I envisioned.  I
was thinking of something that allowed you to input two IP addresses and
then show you the geographical path between.  Of course there are plenty
of things that can alter that path, things such as dynamic routing,
availability, latency, etc.  I was hoping to find some software, that
might leverage DNS location lookups, so that I could implement it on a
system I run and offer it as a debugging tool to others.

Thx anyway,

-Jim P.