[ale] Apache proxy problems

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 07:18:55 EDT 2006

My question would be what "problem" are you solving through proxying?

The things you're doing (and assuming a low traffic situation) you
can solve this particular issue with two webservers, vhosts and
rewrites. (since Apache is on the frontend).

The other question I might have is the using of name virtual hosts
and just running all the web services from one webserver, and if you
need access to the internal system, use a series of firewall rules to
make that happen.

Don't forget, also, that you could place the internal web server on a
different port and circumvent all this by port forwarding all
requests to that port to the system in question while leaving all the
port 80 requests heading to the server you need.

More as I think about it on my drive in this morning...

--J