[ale] OT Linux Sys Admin needed

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 21 02:59:13 EDT 2006

Raylynn Knight wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 22:50 -0400, fostermail at bellsouth.net wrote:
>

>>Only Math\Co Fords had 287's
>>

>Ford had the 272, 289 and 292 cubic inch V-8's (in the range near 287).
>Don't believe they ever made a 287.  The closest to that displacement
>that Chevy had was a 283.  The only 287 I can recall was the Rambler nee
>AMC.  I once had a 1965 Rambler Marlin with a 287 V8, sold it so I could
>buy the 1964 GTO (389 - 2 4-barrels, 4-speed) which I shortly after
>rapped around a telephone pole.  Was racing and the brakes just didn't
>match the acceleration!!!

Well, I had to go look that up.   I drove a 78 Malibu for a little while
and couldn't remember what the Ci was for that Engine.  Some of the auto
parts dealers don't even list this size V8.  Maybe GM paid them too.
Yes, I am talking about the 267.   What a waste and a bend under
pressure from the government that engine was,  unlike the 289 that FORD
made.  I hope they don't still make the 267.

http://www.ajgeneral.com/sbc_block_casting_numbers

And since we are on Auto's this week.   I am so excited about what Audi
did.  Is anyone else??   I look for them to be shut out of racing again
soon.  The crybabies will start with the unfair advantage soon. See the
Audi R10 on their website.

Adrin