[ale] Stoopid Noobs

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 16:59:11 EDT 2006

I once (early 2000) did a kill -9 -1 on a production sun box running Oracle
Financials (as well as the associated database).

fortunately this was pre-PowerBroker (at least there) and it didn't make it
into history or any file I (and more importantly my boss) could find.  "the
server crashed?  hmmm...  whazzup 'wit 'dat?"

that's what you get for giving a DBA root (though my general sysadmin skills
have grown considerably in my current job)...  ;-)