[ale] Evolution goes to Win32

Jesse Guardiani jesse at guardiani.us
Tue Jun 20 09:21:42 EDT 2006

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon June 19 2006 4:17 pm, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> Excellent!  I was a long time Evo user, and fan, when I used Linux
>> for a desktop.  I have missed the ease of use and impressive
>> features of Evolution since switching to WinXP and being stuck with
>> Thunderbird.
>
> I also use Thunderbird for my XP laptop.. but I just installed Dapper
> as a dual boot, so I may switch to using that and kmail for email on
> that system..
> have you ever looked at Sylpheed-claws?
> It works for both XP and Linux..

I'd get excited if someone ported KMail. Evolution looks like poo under
windows. I'd argue that it doesn't even look that great under Linux either.
I used it for about 6 months, but then I switched back to Kmail on Linux
and Thunderbird on Windows.

Yes, I've run Kmail under cygwin.

--
Jesse Guardiani