[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:47:27 EDT 2006

On 6/15/06, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 09:01 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>
> > > Still, 1.5 hours in a car, ouch.
> > I have Mark Knopfler to sooth the spirit of the beast:)
> > or Neal Boortz to antagonize me and tell me about traffic!
> >
> I can't imagine the heart attack risk of sitting in bumper-to-bumper
> traffic DELIBERATELY listening to someone whose sole purpose in life is
> to boil blood.!!

That's my reason for avoiding talk radio - no matter what your view,
or which show, there is always a slew of idiots that would have me
screaming at the radio.

I loved it when that last 2 new rock/classic rock/70s-80s-90s radio
stations premiered, before thay hired voice "talent".  5-6 songs in a
row, a brief headline spool, weather and traffic, then back to the
music.  After the station gets going, it turns into 20 min of gossip,
gameshow clones, news, sports, traffic, weather, and oh, yeah here's
one song, ads.....

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps