[ale] Verizon Wireless BroadbandAccess EV-DO

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Wed Jun 14 15:32:34 EDT 2006

ALErs -

I'm among the cell-challenged, but I have hit a few of these road bumps.

I use Sprint's Vision PCS to connect between systems here (work products
also on  Vision), and I can connect via SSH to my home DSL host.

I can also do many activities (telnet, ftp) between one Vision node and
another. I don't think there are many ports open the other way, though:
I can't open a connection of practically any type from _outside_ the
Vision domain to a node inside it. Basic firewall seems to be, many
types of outgoing: OK, most any type of incoming: NOPE.

Disclaimer: based on a limited and specialized sample.

 - Mills