[ale] Share my frustration: what do you do for fax/data modems?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Jun 13 16:11:34 EDT 2006

I cruise Goodwill and pick up Hayes or USR serial-port modems for ~$5-8.

I've bought cheap new external modems at HL Computer, etc. but got
burned - I had outgoing faxes with vertical sections missing (one such
modem neatly cut a line item out of a consulting invoice I submitted -
OUCH!) so after that point, I decided to stick with Hayes and USR
thinking that that is *probably* what the efax code was developed against.

Jeff