[ale] Redirection using sudo...?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:38:10 EDT 2006

On Tue, June 13 2006 13:23, Michael Still wrote:
> On 6/13/06, Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, so I know that the shell itself implements redirection.  This is
> > not a problem for me, as I use various forms of redirection and piping
> > and such all the time.  However, I have wondered if there is a way to
> > change how that works.
> >

> This is a feature that was presumably left out on purpose.  If you
> don't trust your users with the root password (or sudo bash or
> something like that) then don't let them overwrite arbitrary files.
> Suppose they did something like sudo echo
> "pwned::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash" >> /etc/passwd.

Yeah, I can understand that, too.  It's just a (very minor) annoyance, since
there are times where I am tweaking things.  The latest tweaks are for
power saving features on the laptop.  I am shooting for getting this thing
to last three hours in one fully charged battery w/o keeping the CPU at 200
MHz the entire time.  :)

	- Mike