[ale] OT: Craig Newmark of Craig's List on Net Neutrality

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 09:17:49 EDT 2006

Geoffrey wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
>
>> Is that FUD?  Where do you see that this is the issue that broadband
>> providers are concerned with?
>
> Do you really think they'll stop at simply prompting you to go to
> another site?  Come on, look at television.  There's not a channel out
> there that doesn't have pop up commercials during the shows now.  It was
> bad enough when the commercials interupted the shows, now they're
> running during them.

So, why aren't you advocating a law to restrict TV broadcasters from
displaying pop-up ads on their content?  I understand that you have
pet-peeves (lots of them it seems ;-)), but really now, should everyone
of your pet-peeves stimulate a new law (which, btw, passing new laws
isn't cheap either)?

-Jim P.