[ale] HOW2 stop printer after printing has begun ?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 09:54:04 EDT 2006

On Sat, June 10 2006 10:34, Courtney Thomas wrote:

> I mostly use an old dot matrix and often discover that the paper feed is
>   fouled up and since I've possibly sent several items to the queue need
> to halt all print functions.
>
> What's the simplest, easiest way to accomplish this ?
>
> Appreciatively,
>
> Courtney

Depending on what you're using, there are a couple of ways to accomplish
that.  You can use 'lpq' and 'lprm' on the command line; 'lpq' gives you
what is in the queue, and 'lprm' lets you remove jobs from the queue.  If
you use KDE, you can use the KDE Print Manager to remove jobs from the
queue with just a couple of clicks.

I don't know what the GNOME equivalent would be, however.

	- Mike