[ale] Changing Thunderbird 1.5 font color

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Fri Jun 9 09:58:42 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 07:10 -0400, Jim wrote:
> I just installed Thunderbird 1.5.  It has some nice features, but my old
> eyes have trouble reading light gray on a white background.  I can't
> seem to find a way to make the text of received messages darker.  Has
> anyone unlocked the secret?

edit->preferences->display has options on forwarded text font color (and
for html) but no general text color for just normal messaging. What does
work is to change from fixed to variable font. It still leaves the
attached signature block in gray but at least the message body is in
black.

Actually in Thunderbird 1.5.0.4, you can change it via
tools > options > display > formatting

Daniel