[ale] NewbieQ: VOIP and AU-100 Handset work for Linux?

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Tue Jun 6 10:04:45 EDT 2006

Jim, ALErs -

Thanks for the comments.

I'm guessing that during a VOIP call, the PC's 'xinetd' would forward
inbound and outbound traffic (SIP?) between a specified enternet port
and a specified USB device: the handset, and if you have an actual
account through a local or remote server, the keypad might allow
dialing.

How might that be accomplished, or does it sound like the wrong model
for phone connections?

I guess I may spend the $20 (then I would need someone to actually call
...).

 - Mills