[ale] OT: Comcast

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jun 6 07:54:00 EDT 2006

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

>On Tue, June 6 2006 02:03, Cliff Free wrote:
>

>>Am I the only one who HASN'T seen problems w/ Comcast over the last
>>several weeks?
>>

>I wouldn't say the only, but likely one of the very few.
>
>I am getting _very_ frustrated with them, and actually considering a
>downgrade to DSL if it will at least offer more connection stability.  I
>have really just about had it with ComCast.
>
>	- Mike

I told myself I wasn't going to comment, 'cause about the time I did,
all hell would break loose, but I gotta say I've been very happy with
Bell South DSL since I got rid of that alcatel modem.  In 2.5 years, the
only outage I experienced was when they came along and blocked port 25.
I don't know what else they did, but that was the only thing I
detected.  I share the opinion of Bell South that many of you do but
have been pleasantly surprised at the reliablity of DSL.

I feel pretty lucky.  I get almost the 3 mbs that they advertise
according to the speed tests I've done.  The last time around they
reduced my costs, doubled my speed and gave me a static IP all for
nothing.  I know, competition was the motivation, but it's not often
these days you get more for less, except when buying a new computer.

Jim (trusting my service won't degrade immediately 'cause of pride).