[ale] azureus setup

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Jun 5 16:43:12 EDT 2006

> and I **SHOULD** have know not to use "<>" symbols in a command
> line!!!! what was I (not) thinking!!!!
>
> ouch, that hurts. I do boneheaded stuff like that from time to time,
> usually
> ends up with me banging my head on the table.

It's the force of forehead impacting table that tends to cause the
knowledge to seat firmly into the correct neurons.

I set up a rather elaborate website with all kinds of customised "stuff"
once and was scratching my head trying to figure out why it wasn't
working.

I had done all the setup work on the wrong machine!! I had multiple shell
tabs open and I had inadvertantly switched to a backup machine connection
instead of the web server machine.. As dumb luck would have it, I was
editing the httpd.conf file on it as well...

Not only was it the wrong machine, it was a different client entirely!
They laughed.