[ale] bittorrent share

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 09:59:01 EDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> I recall someone posted a seed share ratio that is the unwritten rule
> for a bittorrent, but can't recall that value.  Someone care to share?

In theory your supposed to upload 2x what you download.

If you have a real slow upload connection I actually think it is a bad
idea.  I downloaded from the SUSE 10.1 swarm the CD ISOs.  Even though
there were tons of seeders I was getting pretty low thru-put most of
the time.  Then I would connect to a fast seed and see my download
speed jump 4 or 5x.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer