[ale] Install help

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 2 08:31:10 EDT 2006

Mark Wright wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I ran the perl command you suggested and after a few minutes the
> message "you appear to lack the pcap(3) library'  came up.  The
> message continued to say that if it installed in a non-standard
> location to try setting the LIBS and INC values on the command line
> or install using a package system or source.  I searched for pcap in
> the package manager on Ubuntu but get no hits.   There is a
> libpcap0.8-dev that is not installed.

Then that should mean you have libpcap0.8 also, but I'd check to be
sure.  If you don't, then you've got a prereq problem, but I suspect
that may be what the app is looking for.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin