[ale] OT: Comcast

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 23:08:57 EDT 2006

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Thu, June 1 2006 20:14, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> OK,
>>
>> So my Comcast service has been rocking solidly since abt 2:30pm today.
>> Not one dropped ssh session nor VPN connection problem.
>>
>> So.... how is everyone else's doing?  Is Comcast back to normal or is
>> this the lull before a(nother) storm?
>>

> My VoIP router has been working just fine today, and I have not had any
> dropped downloads, so I can't say that today is a problem day.  We shall
> see what time says, though....

Well I just arrived home, after a few hours out at dinner with some
friends, and sure enough I had to reboot my cable modem to get HSD
working again.  All afternoon I was home with ssh sessions open, and scp
pushing some data out to other systems, and not a problem.  BUT, when I
left for dinner I shutdown my laptop and left an rsync connection
running on another system.  Of course the rsync session (--bwlimit=24)
died, thus indicating that Comcast must have had some issue again.  This
just sucks.

-Jim P.