[ale] Linux Server distros

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 19:38:39 EDT 2006

On 7/29/06, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> COOL!! More toys to play with. I really like the ability to have a tech
> reload a system or make a batch of clones from a simple pxe boot
> sequence. This is really powerful stuff (hmm. virtual server installs
> using pxeboot...).

It's very powerful stuff.  I need to do a write up sometime about how
I have Bart's PE set up via PXE, with anti-virus, spyware removal
(both with updaters), Ghost, VNC, and remote desktop.  My techs can
clean just about any machine that comes on campus AND be productive
while waiting for whichever tool to finish its job.

bnm