[ale] update announcements

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 23:01:09 EDT 2006

Gentoo, practically speaking, does not have a "version."  You can follow
your update requirements package-wise, independently of the kernel
situation.  Unless you are crossing profiles - which change only a very
few times a year and you can still get yourself from one to the next
newer - you can leave your machine as-is or bring the whole thing up to
current.