[ale] Useradd Replacement or Upgrade

Tejus Parikh tejus at vijedi.net
Wed Jul 26 18:15:45 EDT 2006

Hrm, looking through the comments on top of the 'useradd' wrapper
shell script it says:

      56 # v1.05 - 04/01/03
      57 #       * Advise & prevent users from creating logins with
'.' characters
      58 #         in the user name. <sw>

Which makes me think that the behavior you're after was explicitly
disallowed for a reason.  I wonder if it has anything to do with
potentially funky behavior from chown?

Tejus