[ale] ASUS P5MT question

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 23 01:58:32 EDT 2006

Thinking about this some more:

Why would this be kernel related anyway?  The quirks I've found are with the version of the CPU I have, the IDE subsystem, and the BIOS settings.  I have a Celeron based on a 90nm process that I used to flash the BIOS with.  I'm going to switch back to that and see if I can't get a more stable system.  I am also going to turn off functions I don't need in the BIOS such as the serial port, parallel port, the second NIC, and so on.
Dow