[ale] yahoo IM problems

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jul 22 22:13:09 EDT 2006

I've just started having problems with gaim and yahoo IM.  Anyone else?
  I'm trying to figure out if they changed something, or it's on my end.

I'm seeing the following when run with debug turned on:

proxy: Connected.
proxy: getsockopt SO_ERROR check: Connection timed out
proxy: Connecting to scs.msg.yahoo.com:5050 with no proxy
proxy: Connect would have blocked.
proxy: Connected.
proxy: getsockopt SO_ERROR check: Connection timed out
proxy: Connecting to scs.msg.yahoo.com:5050 with no proxy
proxy: Connect would have blocked.

Thing is, I'm not using a proxy. ??

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin