[ale] OT: Go Vote!

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Jul 19 14:36:22 EDT 2006

On 7/18/2006 at 4:39 PM aaron wrote:

>In fact, my whole family and most of my friends are voting absentee this
>year,
>since Georgia's restrictions of sworn cause for doing so were recently
>lifted
>under HB 529. The repub-lie-cons of the 2006 Georgia Assembly eased
>absentee
>ballot requirements as a sideline item of their partisan, phony ID Jim
>Crow
>legislation that was designed to steal the right to vote from over 670,000
>legitimate U.S. citizens in our State, almost exclusively targeting the
>elderly, rural, poor and minority demographics. The reason for the added

 [snip]

Oh, it gets worse, Aaron.  Do you remember a little SCOTUS ruling that backhanded the 5th, whereby you had to give the nice police person your name?  Now it's led in several forms to a national ID?  Basically it will eventually eliminate your right to not have ID.  Why do you think a voter ID card is important, aside from allegations of making it difficult to vote for those folks you've eloquently mentioned?  It's to ensure that if you exercise your right to vote that you get positively ID'd by the feds.

Couple that with the interesting habit of poll workers of sliding that yellow microchipped card into a reader/writer after ID'ing you and before giving it to you to cast your vote.  What *exactly* do you think they put on those cards?  I'm not sure myself, and have half a mind to just *keep* my card when I go vote for the runoff election just so I can stick it in my own reader for analysis.  Lucky me, it'll probably be encrypted; if it isn't then we'll have REAL problems!

Peace,
Robert "just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me" Reese~

SIXIT Consulting
H: 770-320-0181 or (478) 599-1300
Cell: 678-438-6955 or (478) 599-1301
Fax: 866-355-3720 (Toll-Free)

2907-I Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093-8535
United States

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

NOTICE: With respect to all communications you make to any sixit.com email address, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like: (a) you shall have no right of confidentiality in your communications and SIXIT Consulting shall have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (b) SIXIT Consulting shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others without limitation and without expectation of compensation to you and without notice to you; and (c) SIXIT Consulting shall be free to use without any expectation of compensation to you any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information; particularly if your message is of an unsolicited nature.